GeoSmart Position – Environmental Consultant – Flood & Drainage
Location – Shrewsbury
Salary range – £18k – £24k, Full Time
To apply please email Alan White at firstname.lastname@example.org and reference GVAC018
GeoSmart are seeking a candidate with a strong academic background to support our expanding reports business. You will support with the preparation of our flood risk and sustainable drainage assessments. You will have the opportunity to develop technical knowledge of each area, eventually specialising in one. Experience of working in industry would be an advantage, but high quality graduates with a keen interest and commercial understanding will also be considered. With a commitment to deliver work of the highest standard to demanding deadlines, an ambitious candidate will excel in our growing, dynamic, consultancy environment.
Responsibilities and duties:
• Support projects that deliver high quality, pragmatic advice and solutions to environmental problems.
• Write technical interpretative reports on flood risk and sustainable drainage. A base of knowledge in at least one of these areas is required, but training will be provided.
• Undertaking external consultations with regulatory bodies (such as local authorities).
• Understanding required time inputs and delivery on budget.
• Taking an active role in managing client accounts, understanding their requirements and taking responsibility to deliver these.
• Understand the role of technical consultants in securing work and be keen to identify new opportunities and assist with queries.
• Support GeoSmart’s growth and development plans and gain experience in the commercial aspects of environmental consultancy.
• Adhere to GeoSmart’s quality assurance and health and safety procedures.
Role competencies and experience:
• An appropriate earth science/geography based degree.
• A post graduate qualification in a related science would be advantageous.
• Experience in using GIS (QGIS in particular).
• Strong communication skills with an excellent telephone manner.
• Willingness to deal with client enquiries over the telephone and via email and undertake regular consultation with regulatory bodies.
• Experience in technical report writing.
• Enthusiastic and willing, with a strong team player attitude.
• Good administration and organisation skills to coordinate own time.
• Hold a current driving license and be prepared to drive for business purposes on occasion.
We would like to reassure our clients that we have implemented measures to ensure service continuity and mitigate the impacts of the COVID-19 . Our robust IT system and environmental database allows all team members to operate effectively whatever their location. Our clients can continue to expect an immediate response via our usual telephone numbers and emails.