GeoSmart Position – Environmental Consultant – Flood & Drainage
Location – Shrewsbury
Salary range – £27k – £40k, Full Time
To apply please email Alan White at firstname.lastname@example.org and reference GVAC023
GeoSmart is seeking someone with ambition, enthusiasm and creativity to take on a senior management and technical role in our expanding business. We have significant growth plans to deliver specialist advice on flood risk, drainage and contaminated land, creating market leading environmental reports, data and forecasting services. We support property professionals, developers and asset managers with our innovative environmental information.
The role will include team management, technical oversight and review, to enhance our team’s specialist capability. You will help drive the development of new products and services. You will prepare and review flood risk, sustainable drainage, groundwater and contaminated land reports, taking a lead in your specialist subject. Previous roles will have given you an understanding of project management and client interaction, particularly the value of building customer relationships. A minimum of five years’ experience of working in industry is preferred, either as a consultant or directly for a Local Authority or the Environment Agency.
Responsibilities and duties:
• Write and review technical interpretative reports on environmental risk, including contaminated land, flooding and drainage, assisting junior consultants as required.
• Support GeoSmart’s commercial development plans, taking an active role in developing new clients, securing work and achieving business development revenue targets.
• Make regular business development calls and attend meetings to represent Geosmart.
• Undertake external consultations with regulatory bodies (such as Local Authorities and Environment Agency).
• Manage client accounts, understanding their requirements and taking responsibility to deliver these.
• Help to develop our report formats, delivery and sales within your specialist area.
• Prepare and review proposals.
• Manage projects, understand required time inputs and deliver in time to budget.
• Undertake travel for business development and site walkovers.
Role competencies and experience:
• An appropriate geoscience degree and postgraduate qualification.
• Management experience of working with small teams and projects.
• A good understanding of the sales process in environmental consultancy.
• Strong communicator willing to attend client meetings, holds a driving license.
• Experience in technical report writing, reviewing and project management.
• Enthusiastic and willing, with a strong team player attitude.
• Innovative outlook and ability to commercialise technical ideas.