GeoSmart Hydrogeologist – Vacancy
GeoSmart Position – Hydrogeologist
Location – Shrewsbury
Salary range – £27k – £40k, Full Time
To apply please email Mike Piotrowski at firstname.lastname@example.org and reference GVAC040.
GeoSmart is seeking someone with ambition, enthusiasm and creativity to take on a senior management and technical role in our expanding business. We have significant growth plans to deliver specialist advice on groundwater, flood risk, drainage and contaminated land, creating market leading environmental consultancy reports. We support property professionals, developers and asset managers with our innovative environmental information.
You will help to develop our specialist expertise in groundwater assessment. The role will include team management, technical oversight and review, to enhance our team’s capability. You will help drive the development of new products and services. You will prepare and review groundwater, flood risk, sustainable drainage, and contaminated land reports, taking a lead in your specialist subject. Previous roles will have given you an understanding of project management and client interaction, particularly the value of building customer relationships. A minimum of five years’ experience of working in industry is preferred, either as a consultant or directly for a Local Authority or the Environment Agency.
Responsibilities and duties:
- Write and review technical interpretative reports on groundwater and environmental risk, including, flooding and drainage, assisting junior consultants as required.
- Support GeoSmart’s commercial development plans, taking an active role in developing new clients, securing work and achieving business development revenue targets.
- Attend meetings to represent Geosmart.
- Undertake external consultations with regulatory bodies (such as Local Authorities and Environment Agency).
- Manage client accounts, understanding their requirements and taking responsibility to deliver these.
- Prepare and review proposals.
- Manage projects, understand required time inputs and deliver in time to budget.
- Undertake travel for business development and site walkovers.
Role competencies and experience:
- An appropriate geoscience degree and postgraduate qualification.
- Working towards or have a professional accreditation.
- Management experience of working with small teams and projects.
- A good understanding of the sales process in environmental consultancy.
- Strong communicator willing to attend client meetings, holds a driving license.
- Experience in technical report writing, reviewing and project management.
- Enthusiastic and willing, with a strong team player attitude.
- Innovative outlook and ability to commercialise technical ideas.
- Experience of writing and reviewing Basement Impact Assessments (BIA).
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
- Company events
- Company pension
- Gym membership
- Life insurance
- Sick pay
- Work from home
- Monday to Friday
Supplemental pay types:
- Bonus scheme
- Master’s (required)