GeoSmart Senior Flood Risk Consultant – Vacancy
GeoSmart Position – Senior Flood Risk Consultant
Location – Shrewsbury
Salary range – £27k – £40k, Full Time
To apply, please email Mike Piotrowski at firstname.lastname@example.org and reference GVAC039.
GeoSmart is seeking someone with ambition, enthusiasm and creativity to take on a senior management and technical role in our expanding business.
We have significant growth plans to deliver specialist advice on flood risk, drainage and contaminated land, creating market-leading environmental consultancy reports. We support property professionals, developers and asset managers with our innovative environmental information.
You will help to develop our specialist expertise in flood risk assessment. The role will include team management, technical oversight and review to enhance our team’s capability.
You will help drive the development of new products and services. You will prepare and review flood risk, sustainable drainage, groundwater and contaminated land reports, taking the lead in your specialist subject. Previous roles will have given you an understanding of project management and client interaction, particularly the value of building customer relationships. A minimum of five years of industry experience is preferred, either as a consultant or directly for a Local Authority or the Environment Agency.
Responsibilities and duties
- Write and review technical interpretative reports on environmental risk, including flooding and drainage, assisting junior consultants as required.
- Support GeoSmart’s commercial development plans, taking an active role in developing new clients, securing work and achieving business development revenue targets.
- Attend meetings to represent Geosmart.
- Undertake external consultations with regulatory bodies (such as Local Authorities and Environment Agency).
- Manage client accounts, understanding their requirements and taking responsibility to deliver these.
- Prepare and review proposals.
- Manage projects, understand required time inputs and deliver in time to budget.
- Undertake travel for business development and site walkovers.
Role competencies and experience
- An appropriate geoscience degree and postgraduate qualification.
- Working towards or have a professional accreditation with CIWEM or similar.
- Management experience in working with small teams and projects.
- A good understanding of the sales process in environmental consultancy.
- Strong communicator willing to attend client meetings, holds a driver’s license.
- Experience in technical report writing, reviewing and project management.
- Enthusiastic and willing, with a strong team player attitude.
- Innovative outlook and ability to commercialise technical ideas.
- Experience and technical background in using GIS and modelling software.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
- Company pension
- Life insurance
- Monday to Friday
Ability to commute/relocate
- Shrewsbury: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required)
- Bachelor’s (preferred)
- Environmental Engineering: 1 year (preferred)
- United Kingdom (required)