Business Development Executive
The Businesses Development Executive will be an experienced, enthusiastic and energetic individual who takes responsibility for their actions and is always seeking self improvement. The post will report to the Sales Manager and will be based full time in Shrewsbury.
Responsible for dealing with customer enquiries, primarily by telephone and through email, utilising and keeping the CRM up-to-date and working closely with the sales team to fulfil orders and meet customer expectations.
- Make and receive regular telephone calls to qualify leads, arrange meetings and follow up sales opportunities;
- Setting up companies, contacts, opportunities and projects on Insightly (CRM);
- Chasing issued proposals and help manage the sales process through use of the company CRM system, monitor tasks and follow up on client meetings;
- Monitoring the online chat, enquiries inbox and general inbox to ensure all enquiries are correctly picked up;
- Liaising between the sales team and the reports team during project delivery and keeping our clients informed about progress;
- Issuing invoices, processing payments and keeping records of orders;
- Supporting the Sales Manager monitor sales team progress and performance and against agreed KPIs;
- Focus on delivering an increase in new clients delivering repeat business from our existing accounts;
- Help manage relationships with existing clients and growth accounts.
Skills and Qualifications:
- Strong communication skills with an excellent telephone manner. Willingness to deal with client enquiries over the telephone. Enthusiastic and willing, with a strong team player attitude. Good administration and organisation skills to coordinate own time;
- Sales experience in a business to business sales environment;
- Ability to develop a personal sales strategy with aptitude and motivation for closing deals with new clients and building long term client relationships;
- Experience of managing and monitoring the sales process through a CRM system.; and
- Confidence to develop their technical knowledge to understand the property industry and the role of environmental reports in planning and development.
GeoSmart is an Environmental Consultancy that provides market leading environmental reports, data and forecasting services to architects, planners and developers to help them achieve successful planning approvals.
Reporting to the Sales Manager, the BDE will be responsible for serving existing customers and accounts.
All leads will be provided.
Successful applicants will have experience of working in a B2B environment and will have typically come from an SME working with other SMEs.
Working from our town centre premises in Shrewsbury, our team enjoy working in a lively, friendly professional environment.
The position offers a competitive salary, bonus scheme and opportunity for continued personal and professional training and development.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: From £25,000.00 per year
- Company pension
- Life insurance
- Sick pay
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
- No weekends
Supplemental pay types:
- Bonus scheme
Work Location: In person
Reference ID: GVAC032
Expected start date: 01/12/2023