What is a Groundwater Flood Risk Assessment?
GeoSmart’s Groundwater Flood Risk Assessments (GWFRA) are the first ever reports to demonstrate the risk to a site from groundwater flooding. It provides the most accurate method of screening and assessment at postcode level available.
Our reports are based on GeoSmart’s 5m Groundwater Flood Risk Map (GW5). The assessment will screen for groundwater flood risk and then our highly experienced hydrologists will investigate the physical and environmental setting, including local geology, groundwater levels and topography. As a further cost option, LIDAR data can be used for more complex sites.
Based on a simple traffic light system, the flood risk report is quick and easy to understand. Detailed guidance and clear recommendations on next steps are provided.
Frequently Asked Questions
Typically 10-15 working days (10 working days for sites where highly accurate height data is required).
Premium delivery option is available if report is urgent.
The groundwater report will be sent in electronic format as a .pdf file straight to your inbox.
Hard copies available at an additional cost.
- Produced by specialist hydrologists with over 15 years’ experience
- Flood risk reports are widely accepted in support of planning applications, the acquisition or sale of land, as well as the insurability of a business or property
- Quick turnaround options available
- Low cost / fixed price
- A clear and concise report
- Traffic light categorisation of the sites groundwater flood risk
- Exerpt from GeoSmart’s National Groundwater Flood Risk Map (GW5)
- A review of customer-supplied documentary information
- Physical and environmental setting review including a review of local geology, groundwater level data and topography (elevations based on Ordinance Survey map data)
- The option to include highly accurate height data (usually LIDAR data) for more complex sites
- Clear recommendations and next steps
These groundwater reports based on:
- Site location plan and proposed development plans are available
- Site walkover survey is not required
- No intrusive site investigation is required
- Advance payment is made
- For more complex sites where highly accurate height data (usually LIDAR data) is deemed necessary to inform groundwater flood risk, it is assumed that data will either be supplied to GeoSmart, or GeoSmart is permitted to purchase the data on your behalf (a fee applies). If highly accurate height data is recommended but not included, the report findings and conclusions cannot be guaranteed. This is because the assessment of groundwater flood risk may be inconclusive without this level of topographical detail
If your site doesn’t fit these assumptions or you require a site walkover survey, we can still assist but please do get in touch as one of our other packages may suit you better.
*If Site is further than 2 hours away from GeoSmart office (Shrewsbury) or Associate offices in Manchester or London, a further fee may apply. If applicable, we can provide a specific quotation.
Still have questions? Chat to our friendly team today
We value the quality of all that we do as critically important and our team is goal oriented
Solid Digital Marketing Ltd
Planning & Development Associates
We value and strive to achieve Service Excellence as the key to our success.