Flooding is the most prevalent risk in the UK which is also highly damaging. The flood peril is sensitive to climate change risk increases through the intensification of rainfall and sea-level rise.
FloodSmart Analytics is designed to help clients better understand this risk related to property assets – from a single lending decision on a mortgage or insurance policy – through to an entire loan book or insurance portfolio.
FloodSmart Analytics includes:
- Flooding from all sources (including groundwater)
- Highly granular property level precision
- Quantified event loss and damage calculations
- Climate change scenario modelling
- Online data visualisation portal with API integration
- Sophisticated instant reporting capabilities
GeoSmart’s flood data is used in millions of UK private property transactions and is deployed by numerous, larger enterprises whose activities impact on all of our lives.
- High resolution – 5m grid data models
- Individual property identifier with UPRN (residential, commercial)
- Flood depth predictions at multiple flood return periods
- Multi source flood type identifier (flood sources separately and combined)
- Damage value – annual expected damages (AAD) and event loss
- Incorporates a range of damage vulnerability types – depth & duration
- Portfolio aggregator with benchmarking capabilities
- Instantaneous information for decision support (summary and detailed)
- Enables well informed risk avoidance and liability quantification
- Better understanding of actions, mitigations & insurance cover
- Suitable for affordability assessment (including insurance cost)
- The ability to appraise risk across a range of future climate scenarios
- Risk managers can understand flood exposure at a granular level
The UK has large urban concentrations in areas susceptible to one or more types of flood risk. For financial services enterprises, this means there are large asset exposure concentrations that may be loan collateral for lenders, and high sums insured at risk for insurers and reinsurers.
Whether we are building owners, insurers or banks that finance the infrastructure – we all have a stake in dealing with this. Crucially, we need to understand what we can do to reduce the cost of flooding in ways which are appropriate for the specific threats posed by river, sea, surface and groundwater flooding.
FloodSmart Analytics is designed to make flood analysis easy, without compromising quality, to provide instant access to actionable risk insights.
Interested in a demo or free trial? Contact us today
We value the quality of all that we do as critically important and our team is goal oriented
Michael Eyres Partnership LLP
We value and strive to achieve Service Excellence as the key to our success.